2016 Blog Posts in Review
A lot of people have been summarizing their last year and naming all the big challenges and changes they've had. Looking back over this year, with everything it is just "the second year".
It's been two years since we've moved to Washington. 2016 was the second year at my husband's job, second year at schools for my kids, second year in our house, second year planting a garden, second year in my calling (job) at church as primary president, etc. In all these things and more it feels like we've finally gotten the hang of things and just tried to improve on them. Hopefully 2017 is even better now that we have some experience under our belts.
I looked over my blog posts from 2016. It was interesting to see what things I posted about. Here's a a little summary:
- I planned and posted 41 weekly menus, up to week 387 now! (Although most of these I posted when the week was already halfway over.)
- To celebrate my 350th weekly menu, I hosted a giveaway.
- 8 Healthy Snack Ideas
- Bits and Pieces (only posted one of these posts, since I started posting more on instagram)
- 2016 Goals (nice to review this a year later)
- Homemade Playdough (this is still a favorite and is in my pantry right now)
- Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and applied what I learned to my closet
- Honey Garlic Chicken (one of my kids' favorite recipes. I usually make the chicken alone instead of with the roasted veggies and toss the chicken and sauce in angel hair pasta.)
- I said goodbye to facebook (temporarily). I deactivated my account for a while and definitely feel like I can step away from facebook for a while and not miss out on anything. It does seem like it might be hard to go without it, since I sometimes use it to check on events, etc.
Sad to see that I only posted two recipes, and only one of which you can eat (since you shouldn't eat playdough). I tried quite a few new recipes and found some new family favorites. But my time spent blogging has been short. Life is busy, but I do love blogging. Hoping to post some new recipes in 2017.
Happy New Year to all of you! I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully) with a menu plan.
More from Jenny: