These rolls are amazing! I've been making these rolls since 2001 when I was a newlywed and my sister-in-law shared the recipe with me. The rolls are light, fluffy, easy to make and they only take one hour! And delicious too!
I've made these rolls more times than I can count, so I've perfected the art of making them. Here are some step-by-step instructions with pictures for you.
Here's what you'll need.
Here's the recipe...
- 1 c. warm water
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/3 c. flour
- In a kitchenaid mixer bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in salt and beaten egg to yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Dough will be kind of sticky, but add enough flour until it's manageable. Let dough rest in the kitchenaid bowl for 10 minutes.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don't touch on a cookie sheet (18" x 26" pan). Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Makes about 24 rolls.
Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later!
Here are some of my other favorite "go-to" bread recipes...
More from Jenny: