I might need to warn you that they are dangerously addictive, so these are perfect to take to a party or a potluck. Everyone will love you! And you'll be glad that you didn't eat the whole cookie sheet worth yourself. (Even though that would be delicious!)
Yield: 12x17 pan (cookie sheet) - cut into bars as big or as small as you'd like
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 8 c. (or more) rice krispies
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add corn syrup and sugar. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Add rice krispies and mix well. Start with 8 cups of rice krispies and add more if it looks too "wet".
- Press cereal mixture into cookie sheet (12x17).
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave on high for a minute. Stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate on top of rice krispie mixture. Let set until chocolate is cooled and hardened. (If you're in a hurry, put it in the fridge to set faster.)