My Favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These peanut butter chocolate chips are one of my favorite recipes. One of my roommates my first year of college made these for me. Actually, I don't know if we baked many of these cookies, or just ate the dough in the wee hours of the morning when we should have been sleeping.
The first time that I ate one of these cookies, I thought, "Wow! Where have these cookies been all of my life? They are perfect!" And I've been making them ever since (14 years later!).
I posted a recipe for a "healthier" version back in the early days of my blog. Those were the days when I substituted applesauce for some of the butter and used more wheat flour in my cookies. I still try to cook healthy, but I don't substitute things as often as I used too. I should, but I forget...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookiesmakes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1 c. (or more) combination of peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, and chocolate chips
- Cream butters, applesauce, and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. May need to add a bit more flour to make a good dough.
- Form dough into small balls using ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.