These peanut butter chocolate chips are one of my favorite recipes. One of my roommates my first year of college made these for me. Actually, I don't know if we baked many of these cookies, or just ate the dough in the wee hours of the morning when we should have been sleeping.
The first time that I ate one of these cookies, I thought, "Wow! Where have these cookies been all of my life? They are perfect!" And I've been making them ever since (14 years later!).
I posted a recipe for a "healthier" version back in the early days of my blog. Those were the days when I substituted applesauce for some of the butter and used more wheat flour in my cookies. I still try to cook healthy, but I don't substitute things as often as I used too. I should, but I forget...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookiesmakes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1 c. (or more) combination of peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, and chocolate chips
- Cream butters, applesauce, and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. May need to add a bit more flour to make a good dough.
- Form dough into small balls using ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.