I've made a lot of peanut butter cookies in my life. My favorite recipe is my Grandma's recipe that I made all the time growing up. Perfectly soft and peanut-buttery.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield: about 2 dozen
- 1/2 c. butter (original recipe called for shortening)
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and peanut butter together. Add sugar, beaten egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together and add to butter mixture.
- Form dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 1" apart.
- Press crosswise with a fork (I do this sometimes to remind me of my Grandma).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.