Today my baby girl finishes elementary school and is off to sixth grade in middle school. Can't believe this is already happening. She's so excited and I know she'll do great.
For my "big" boys, today is the last day at the elementary school they've been going to since we moved to Washington in January. In August they'll go to another school (the one that we live within the boundaries of, but was too full to have the kids go there in January).
They're leaving behind lots of great friends and fabulous teachers. This last half of the school year has been great for them and they've transitioned really well. They already know a lot of people that they'll go to their new school with. My kindergartener told me yesterday that he wants to stay at his old school. (Heart-jerking for me...if that is even a word).
So, once again we're closing a door on something great and moving onto more new things. Even though I won't miss having to
I was just thinking about some numbers this morning. It's been...
- 1 YEAR since we decided that we were most likely going to move away from New Mexico.
- 10 months since we decided to move to Washington and started kinder, 3rd and 5th grade.
- 6.5 months since we closed on the sale of our home and moved out of it.
- 6 months since we very tearfully said goodbye to all our friends in New Mexico.
- 5.5 months since we arrived in our new town in Washington.
- 5 months since we moved into our new home (and I still haven't painted anything...driving me crazy!)
The last five months have been busy, busy and full of challenges. But we've definitely been blessed and things have been working out. We've all stretched and grown meeting new people, making lots of new friends, trying new things, going to new places. We'll just keep plugging forward and hopefully I won't end up on the wrong freeway/highway once a week anymore. We're all missing our friends that we left though.
Looking to a summer full of fun...and chores, yardwork, basketball, soccer and swimming practices, vacations, hopefully some visiting guests and maybe a nap or too. After summer, bring on 1st, 4th and 6th grade!