When I have crazy days planned out, I kind of crave my alone time that I have before the kids get up and the fun starts. I usually exercise while my family is still asleep. I've been running pretty regularly in the mornings and love that the weather is pretty warm and the sun is up early. Last week I got up super, super early and went to an early morning session at the temple. It was a beautiful way to start the day, with time to reflect on the things that are really important in my life.
This week I have a few goals:
1. Try to not be late. This means I need to get the kids shoes on way in advance. :)
2. Instead of checking blogs, facebook and instagram, make time to study the scripture and talks from the recent General Conference while I eat.
3. Make dinner every night, so we're not scrambling around to find something at 7 pm after practices and games.
4. Have the pantry and fridge stocked with lots and lots of healthy snacks and buy enough so I don't have to go grocery shopping three times this week.
5. Keep on top of the laundry and have everything actually folded and put away.
6. Make a cleaning chart that I can check off during the week, so I can make sure that I clean everything. It's been an adjustment living in a house that is over twice the size of my last house. It takes way longer to clean and it's been hard to fit cleaning in with our other busyness.
Actually I could keep going and going and going on my list of goals. That's one thing that I struggle with...so many things to do better and be better at, at not enough hours in the day.
Anyway...here's my menu from last week:
Monday: we had honey lime enchiladas, fresh salsa and black beans
Tuesday: I don't think I made dinner...lots of scrambling to find something to eat. Made banana bread for snack for my scout boys.
Wednesday; had friends from NM over for dinner. Grilled burgers (teriyaki and regular), grilled corn salsa (found fresh corn at Winco, super yummy!), spinach salad, coconut oil brownie bites for dessert (YUM!!!)
Friday; grilled marinated 7up chicken, hashbrowns, fruit and veggies
Saturday: tinfoil dinners
Sunday: my son helped me make waikiki meatballs, steamed rice and broccoli for dinner (requirement for scouts to make dinner, set the table and do the dishes, NICE!) and my daughter made brownie pudding for dessert
Alrighty...time for this week. I haven't told you how happy I am to have my grill back in comission. We took our propane tanks to my brother-in-laws house in November and left them there with our truck during our move. We drove the truck back here during spring break and I'm stocked up with propane now and have loved grilling again. My family's favorite recipes are mostly things that are grilled
Monday: chicken fajitas (grilled of course)
Tuesday: spaghetti (on spaghetti squash for me, I LOVE it!)
Wednesday: make pepperoni bread and prep lots of snacking veggies and fruit to take to dinnertime baseball game
Thursday: creamy chicken and wild rice soup, easy favorite whole wheat bread
Friday: grilled salmon, rice pilaf, salad
Saturday: easy night
Sunday: beef and broccoli
Wow, feels good to have that all planned out! Hopefully I will find some time to share a few recipes with you this week. I have some yummy things to share!
What about you? Do you have goals for this week? What are you making for dinner? Or if you're like me, what did you have for dinner last week?
Have a great day!