I thought I'd tell you about my favorite popcorn to make in the Whirley Pop. I blogged about it back in 2011, but thought it deserves another post.
(I loved it so much I blogged about it here). I've given Whirley Pops away as Christmas and birthday presents to pretty much everyone in my family and to some friends too. It's a great gift!
We used to buy kettlecorn during the summer from a kettlecorn stand that would set up in a parking lot on weekends or occasionally at the farmers market. It was a treat that my kids loved, but I hated paying $6 a bag for it.
I haven't bought a bag of kettlecorn since 2009! Because we make it at home. It's super yummy, easy, cheap and fast!
It's the perfect snack for a kids over for a playdate. I've taken it to school for my kids' class parties. And of course we have it for family movie nights.
I love to make it with coconut oil, but canola oil is just as good. I love the slight hint of coconut (and my husband who doesn't really like coconut loves it too).
You can add as much sugar or oil as you'd like, making it slightly sweet or really sweet and crunchy. A little sugar and oil goes a long way.
Whirley Pop Kettlecorn
- a little less than 1/2 c. popcorn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 heaping Tbsp. coconut oil (or 1 - 2 Tbsp. canola oil)
- Pour oil, sugar, and popcorn kernels into Whirley-pop on the stove over med high/med heat.
- Stir, stir, stir while it heats up and the kernels pop. Three minutes later all the kernels should be popped.
- Pour into a bowl and lightly salt. Enjoy!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway to win your own Whirley Pop. (Or if you already have one you can give it someone you love.)