Bits and Pieces 9th Edition: 6 Things on a Friday
Hi there! Aren't you so glad it's Friday? We survived the week! Now on to the weekend!
I'm super excited for General Conference this weekend and hearing the leaders of our church speak. The talks are very uplifting and relevant to our day, just what the Lord wants us to know. I listen to the talks over and over until the next conference six months later.
Here are a few things from this week that I wanted to share with you.
1. I bought some giant honeycrisp apples from Sprout's last weekend and made some into applesauce. (If you remember from my post a couple of weeks ago I bought peaches from Sprout's that were bad...well, they happily refunded my money and I bought apples instead.)
I love making applesauce! Such a fun process. I blogged about it two years ago.
2. I got to go with my kindergartener on a fun field trip to our local hospital. They gave them tours of some different departments and offices and of course, the fire truck and ambulance were there. I posted this picture of the two of us on instagram.
(I've never been much of a fan of taking pictures of myself or even with my kids until lately. We've been snapping selfies together right and left. This is not because I want to take pictures of myself, because I don't, but because hopefully someday it will mean a lot to my kids to see pictures of us doing things together.)
3. My friend, Kylie, made me so happy by picking up some of my favorite potato peelers from IKEA while she was there. I have thrown my last two peelers away accidentally with my vegetable peels. Now I have two and will be more careful. Bring on the peeling!
4. How can my little guy be old enough to "fwing" by himself? Growing up way too fast!
5. I'm wearing a watch for the first time in years!
I bought one on amazon and it came today and I'm loving it! Maybe I won't be ten minutes late for everything now. Actually, we have clocks all over our house and I'm always looking at my phone for the time, so maybe that's not the reason why I'm always running behind. Anyway...watches are such a great invention! Can't believe I haven't worn one for so long.
6. Tonight was our last soccer game for my kindergartener. I've actually really enjoyed coaching. Along the way, I've figured things out and found that I know more about soccer than some of the other people I've encountered during our soccer games. The kids were super sweet and I've loved it. For our end of season celebration I made some cupcakes (from the box of course!).
My little guy thought that they were muffins and thought he needed to gorge himself on them. Maybe I should have actually made muffins instead. :) Now we only have soccer three days a week instead of five! Should be nice!
I tried to get a picture with my soccer player but he refused, but my 8 year old said, "I want a picture with you Mom!"
All righty. That's all from me.
What about you? How was your week? Anything fun happen? Looking forward to anything this weekend?
Just in case you missed it, this is my 5th post this week!
Monday I posted my menu and weekend recap.
Then Monday night I shared what we did that evening and how it affected my kiddos.
Tuesday I shared my tricks for picking out new children's books.
Thursday I shared a yummy recipe for brownie pudding (and I'm craving it like crazy!)