Aren't you so glad that's Friday? I could use a day to sleep in...and tomorrow might just be the day (if little baby-guy sleeps in too).
I've been posting about random things lately, like recipes that I've tried, things I've bought, random pictures of what I've been up to with my kids. Everytime I have to think of a title for these random posts, I come up with a blank and end up posting things like A few things on a Saturday, 10 Things on a Wednesday, Random Favorites, or Today I.
I finally found a title that I like that describes these random posts...Bits & Pieces. So, from now on when I feel like posting about random things, it'll be a "Bits & Pieces" post.
So, here goes...bits and pieces Friday style.
1. Yesterday I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup. I was really excited to try it (and eat it). I made it in the morning and then put it in the fridge so it was ready for our busy afternoon/evening. My kids ate with my husband while I was at a church activity. Apparently my boys thought they would throw up after every bite. (They didn't. Ha!) Too bad they forgot to crunch Fritos into it.
2. I made a triple batch of my favorite Kettlecorn in my WhirleyPop popcorn popper to take to an activity at the church last night. Luckily there was some left over for me to munch on for breakfast! Yum.
P.S. My whirleypop popcorn popper is one of my favorite kitchen "gadgets". It's one of my favorite gifts to give. I think pretty much everyone in my family has one now.
3. I spent most of the morning yesterday in the kitchen. I love days like that where I just bake and cook whatever I want. I make a giant mess and end up cleaning up for hours, but I stock my fridge/freezer with yummy food.
I made a big batch of these chocolate pudding cookies. Some to give away, some to eat, and some big cookies to take to my daughter's swim meet tomorrow.
4. I also made some "secret ingredient" chocolate chip cookies (which are pretty much chocolate chip cookies, but with vanilla pudding mix in them). They are one of my favorite cookies and I might have eaten WAY too many of them yesterday.
5. My friend, Angela, gave me the best recipe for 100% whole wheat bread. I love it! It's the best whole wheat bread I've ever made. It's simple. It's fast. My family loves it (they've not been wheat bread fans in the past). Hopefully I'll post the recipe soon. I blogged about it last weekend on my Today I post.
6. On an unfood-related note...my little baby guy is teasing us with learning how to walk. He likes to stand up and throw things.
But this week he's started to take a few steps before plopping down and crawling away. He's growing up!
7. Have you noticed that I'm venturing into the world of collage making? I'm a little late to the game on this one, since most bloggers have been making collages for years. I've been using Pixlr Express and it's super easy, doesn't require any software, and is pretty fun. Look for more collages in your future.
8. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been blogging much, so I think besides posting my weekly menus, an occasional favorite recipe, these "bits and pieces' posts, I'll throw in a few short and simple posts. It'll probably be just a picture of something with a few sentences, maybe a little tip or a thought.
Anyway... this is just BITS and PIECES of what's floating around in my mind today. Have a happy Friday!