My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me a few years ago. It's become a family favorite, so I thought I'd share it again. We have it after trick-or-treating, for football game parties with friends, and after sledding in the snow.
It's very easy to mix up, then it warms in the crockpot until you're ready to enjoy it. It will disappear fast if you have a crowd to share it with.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 c. cocoa
- 5 1/2 c. fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 (14 oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (3") cinnamon stick (optional)
- Place cocoa in a 3 quart electric slow cooker. Gradually add 1 c. fat free milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add remaining fat-free milk, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add cinnamon stick, if desired.
- Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting 4 - 8 hours. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir well with a whisk before serving. Ladle hot chocolate into mugs; top with marshmallows. Makes 10 servings (3/4 cups each).
I haven't ever added the cinnamon stick, but I'm sure it would be good with it. I turned my crockpot on high for a few hours instead of warming it on low.