Saturday, November 23, 2013
A Few Things on a Saturday
It's Saturday! We finally made it to the weekend! Here's a few random things on a Saturday.
1. It snowed at my house yesterday and a bit last night. I'm beginning to feel some holiday spirit! This is my view out my back door this morning.
2. Do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned yet? I don't. I need to though. We're spending Thanksgiving at home by ourselves this year. I need to sit down with my family and decide what they want to eat since we won't be having company this year. Unless any family (hint, hint) would like to come visit. :)
I typed up my Thanksgiving turkey recipe last year. It's my tried and true way to make a turkey!
We'll be making these cloud light crescent rolls. They are my favorite rolls (my one hour roll recipe runs a close second place) and so easy to make! You mix them up and roll them out all at once, then they rise until you're ready to bake. Perfect for a busy Thanksgiving day!
What will you be making this year? I could use some inspiration, especially in the dessert department.
3. My cell phone screen died this week. (I'm one of the few people that doesn't have a smart phone and I'm okay with that! I don't even text on my phone. I text on my tablet using google voice for free.) Anyway...my cell phone had a little run in with the van door a few weeks ago adn yesterday the screen was totally unreadable.
I wish I would have backed up my contacts first, since it's impossible to do without a screen to look at. Ha! I'm using my old flip phone and I'm actually loving it! I might not get a new phone. My flip phone (as retro as it is) seems pretty indestructible.
4. My little baby guy turned 11 months this week! He finally has four tiny little teeth and can stand up by himself for a few seconds. People stop me wherever I am and comment about how huge is eyes are.
4. My baby refuses to eat baby food from a jar anymore. He loves those little baby food pouches though. They're pricey, but I figure that he's getting straight fruit and veggies, so I guess it's worth it. I saw these refillable pouches on Amazon the other day. Have you tried them?
5. Speaking of Amazon...I think Amazon Prime would be the perfect Christmas present. I'd much rather buy things online these days, than take the one hour drive to Target. I had a free trial of Prime a little while ago and loved it, especially the 2 day shipping part. Do you use Amazon Prime? Or are you lucky to live enough close to shopping?
All righty...that's what I've been doing lately. What's on your mind this Saturday?