These are some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies to make. I posted the recipe back in 2010 along with my week #66 menu.
I made these the other day to take to the pool. I loved every bite filled with chocolate chips, oatmeal, coconut and Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. (The dough is equally yummy too...not that I eat cookie dough or anything.)
They are a bit more satisfying than your typical chocolate chip cookie. Though I still love this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This is a fun recipe to play around with. You can add different kinds of cereal, like Rice Krispies or cornflakes. You could add craisins or raisins if you like dried fruit in your cookies. Try different kinds of chocolate chips or little toffee bits or even little marshmallows.
Yield: about 30 cookies
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 c. coconut
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. cereal (I like Honey Bunches of Oats)
- Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add oats, coconut, cereal and chocolate chips, but don't over mix.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 min in a 350 degree oven.