My Favorite Sloppy Joes
I think I make sloppy joes almost every time we have family come come visit. It's perfect because it's easy to make a lot and you can prep it ahead and have it warm in the crockpot until it's time to eat. I've tried a lot of sloppy joe recipes and even used cans of Manwich.
This is by far my favorite recipe. It's sweet and tangy, and super yummy! And of course it's easy to make. I found it on Becky Bakes a while ago. I usually don't follow the recipe amounts exactly. I just eyeball it. It always turns out to be delicious. This is my version.
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/4 c. or as much as you like onion, diced
- green or red bell peppers, diced (as much as you like)
- 3/4 c. chili sauce (or ketchup or combo of both)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- Brown ground beef or turkey in skillet along with diced onions and peppers. Drain grease from meat, if any.
- Add chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, dry mustard and chili powder. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Or heat in crockpot on low until you're ready to serve.