1. I've been doing a lot of special "mom duties" this week. I've heard lots of things like this....
"There's a sock in the toilet."
"My teddy bear is on the roof."
"Who peed on the floor?"
"I CAN'T go to school without my library book."
So, I pulled the sock out of the toilet. Got the friend's teddy bear off of the roof. Cleaned the toilets and the bathroom floor multiple times. Found the library book. And lots of other things. All these things actually made me smile. I'm sure there will be a day (which might come way too soon) when my kids are all too grown up to say things like that.
I love this time that we have to be together as a family and talk about our day. Everyone eats better and dirties less dishes. All pluses for me!
3. This week I stuck a pork roast in the oven on a low temperature for most of the day. Then we had BBQ pulled pork for dinner one night.
Cafe Rio pork tacos the next night.
And lots of leftover meat for lunches and for the freezer. It was a huge time saver and so easy and yummy!
4. I decided to uninstall my facebook app from my Google Nexus tablet.
5. I'm having a piano recital tomorrow, so I'll be baking up some refreshments to take to it. I think I'll make these yummy Glazed Lemon Cookies.
And some Chocolate Pudding Cookies too.
6. I'll be posting my recipe for my FAVORITE peanut butter chocolate chip cookies tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!