Tuesday night is officially "crockpot night" at my house. It's the only night that the kids' don't have soccer practice, but it is piano teaching day for me. It's been so nice to have dinner prepped before I start teaching at 2:00 and ready to eat when I have a break.
This recipe is all over pinterest, but is posted here. I used less sauce than it called for and it worked great. My kids like it and we've made it several times. I just throw some rice in my rice cooker and set the timer. Then all I have to do is cook some veggies and slice some fruit and dinner is ready.
Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
recipe adapted by me from here
- 3 chicken breasts or a package of chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- a little freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. water
- Place chicken in crockpot. Mix together soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 -5 hours or high for at least 3 hours. (I put my chicken in frozen and cooked it on high for 5 hours and it worked great.)
- Remove chicken and shred meat. Pour liquid into saucepan and heat on stove. Mix together cornstarch and water and pour into soy sauce liquid. Let thicken and pour over shredded chicken.
- Delicious served over rice with steamed veggies.