The other day I wanted to make something with pumpkin. I had a baked pie crust from the Sunday's dessert and thought I'd make pumpkin pie, then I realized that you need an unbaked pie crust for pumpkin pie. I had already opened a can of evaporated milk, so I tried to find a recipe to use it up.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, reserve one cup for topping
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 3 T. softened butter
- 1 c. cake mix
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Crust: Combine 1 yellow cake mix---- less one cup, 1/2 c. melted butter and 1 egg. Pat evenly in 9x13 pan.
- Filling: Combine and pour over crust: 1 can pumpkin pie filling, 2 eggs, 2/3 c. evaporated milk.
- Topping: Mix until crumbly: 3 Tbsp. softened butter, 1 c. cake mix, 1 Tbsp. cinnamon, 1/4 c. sugar. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping.